Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Karen and Kevin's Wedding







This has been a VERY busy summer. I got married and was awarded a Fulbright to teach in China. So with all of these huge life changing events I thought it made sense to start with the wedding. Although we are legally wed my name will remain the same. Jones is a fine last name but I could not stand all the Dr. Jones jokes (i.e. Indiana Jones) I have already had the clever Dr. Spock jokes. And just for the record Dr. Spock is a baby doctor and Mr. Spock is the Vulcan on the Enterprise.














Kevin and I got married on July 24th at the York wedding chapel. The ceremony was very small, with only Kevin's immediate family, but it was very moving just the same. This picture shows us posing in my backyard.



We had a lovely honeymoon in Asheville and stayed at the Cedar Crest Inn which I recommend highly. We walked all over the Biltmore estate (a castle built by the Vanderbilt's @ the turn of the century) It is very excessive and beautiful.




















I leave for China on Saturday August 23rd and will arrive in Shanghai for orientation. After that I will be headed up to Beijing where I will start teaching at Beijing Normal University. Of course I will miss all my boys. Kevin, Ralph, and Harvey.







I am still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing so I imagine I will get better with time. If you have any tips then please feel free to send them along. I will be taking lots of pictures with my tiny new camera so I will try and keep everyone informed.


























4 comments:

Darth Rachel said...

yayyyy Karen in China blog! consider your self linked.

gots any blogger questions lemme know, i've been using this program for almost 6 years so i know all its bugs.

looking forward to all your wonderful pictures and stories!

MCB said...

very cool. i'm excited about keeping up with your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in China, Dr. Spock-Jones.

Anonymous said...

We miss you already Karen! The boys are fine. Be safe.